If you receive answers which you do not want to be included in statistical analysis, you can edit those responses, or delete them.
NEW FEATURE: To find and edit responses, you may find it easier to use the Response Table.
To edit or delete individual responses:
- Go to the Results page of your survey.
- In the Survey Results menu, click Responses:
- Once in the Responses section, you can use the First, Prev, Next and Last buttons in the upper-right to navigate to the response. if you know the number of the response, you can enter it directly into the number box.
- Once you have found the response you are looking for, you have four options:
- Send to Word - This exports the response to a Word Document.
- Print Friendly - This puts the response into a printable format.
- Edit Response - This allows you to change a response. Click Save after you have made your alterations.
- Delete Response - Type DELETE into the box as prompted and click Yes to confirm.
Partial Responses: Partial responses cannot be edited or deleted as the respondent may still be in the process of completing the response. If you want to edit or delete an individual partial response, you need to force it to complete first. Partial responses can be removed in bulk using Survey Clearing.
Parts of Responses and Individual Questions
It is not possible to delete only an individual question response from a full response. It is possible to edit the response to remove answer to particular questions, but only if the questions are not set as required.
It is not possible to permanently delete a single question from a survey - to prevent data loss, we store questions that have been deleted from surveys until the whole survey has been deleted - this is so that the question can be restored if its removal from the survey was in error.