Partial responses are surveys which have not been fully completed and are not included in the report summary.
Reviewing partial responses can be very useful to help you determine where respondents are dropping out.
How a response is identified as 'Partial'
For a partial response to be recorded, the survey must have more than one page, and the respondent must have done the following:
- Loaded the first page of the survey
- Clicked the button to proceed from the first page to the next one.
Responses that are marked as complete, but with answers missing, are not considered 'Partial'
A response is marked as complete when the respondent gets to the last page and clicks the Finish Survey button. Respondents need not have answered every question in the survey. Common reasons for this behavior are:
Accessing Partial Responses
You can amend partial responses to be considered as full responses:
- Go to the Results page of your survey
- In the overview section, on the left, click "View Partial Responses". This will not appear if the survey has no partial reponses.
Changing a Partial response to a completed one
- After accessing the partiual responses, use the First, Prev, Next and Last buttons in the upper-right to navigate to the response you want to edit.
- Click Force Complete Response, and confirm. This will move the response into the completed list
- You will need to repeat this process for each partial response you wish to be considered as complete.
Exporting Partial Responses
Partial Responses can be exported using the Export Tool.
To export partial responses, access the Export tool by clicking "export" from the white navigation bar, Choose "Raw Response Data" as the export type, and then activate the "Partial Responses Only" option in the "Filters" section of the "Customise" tab.
Then complete the export process as with any other export.
Deleting or Editing Partial Responses
Because Partial Responses may still be in progress with the respondent still intending to interact with them, They cannot be edited or individually deleted. To Edit or Delete a partial response, it needs to be forced to complete first, using the instructions above. Partial responses can be deleted in bulk using the Clear Responses feature.