This guide takes you through adding a new question, editing a question and hiding a question.
Adding a New Question
- Click the green Add Question Here button within your survey to open the add question popup
- In the Question Type field, select the type of question you wish to create from the drop-down menu
- In the Question Text field, type the question that you would like to ask
- The Enable Editor button below the text box allows you to customise the font style and layout
- In the Answer Options section fill in the relevant fields to complete the setup of your question
- Click the green Add Question button
Unsure which Question Type you need? Instead of selecting a question type from the dropdown menu, click the blue button labelled View Question Examples to see a visual representation of how the different question types can look, or if you're still unsure, check out our Understanding Question Types help guide
Using Pre-Made Answers
You can pre-populate the answer field with pre-made answers to save time when creating a survey. Pre-made answers can be edited and customised once you have selected them.
- In the Add Question pop-up window, after adding your question and selecting Question Type, scroll down to Pre-made on the right of the Answer Options
- In the Answer Templates drop-down menu, select the pre-made answer list you want to use
- Some of these answer templates allow for a variable number of points on the scale, so choose the level of granularity you want via the Scale drop-down.
- The field is dynamically populated with the pre-made answers that you have selected
- Use the buttons below the answer choices box to reverse the order of the options or to sort them alphabetically.
- You can still edit the answers if you require.
- Click Add Question
Editing a Question
- Select the question you want to edit
- Click on Edit Question as shown in the screenshot above
- In the pop-up window, edit the question
- Click Save Question
After a question is created, the answer options are displayed in seperate boxes for individual control and editing. To add/edit answers in bulk, click Edit Question, scroll down and click the Add/Edit Choices in Bulk box
Hiding a Question
- Click Edit Question
- Tick Hide Question under Question Size and Positioning at bottom of window
- Click Save Question
Changing a question type may permanently erase all of the existing Answer Choices. We recommend Hiding a Question and adding a new one in its place where possible