Adding a password will help to keep your survey secure. Only users who have the link and the password will be able to respond.
Creating a Password
To create a password for a survey:
- Go to the Settings page of your survey.
- On the left-hand Survey Settings menu, select Security.
- Check the Enable box under Password Protection and type your password.
Adding Different Passwords to Individual Tracking Links
SmartSurvey lets you restrict access to groups of users, based on the way they access the survey. For example, you may want to issue one password to visitors to a particular website, and a different password to your email list. This helps you to compare results from different groups.
To add a password to a tracking link
- Go to the Collect page of your survey.
- Click on the Tracking Link Name of the tracking link you wish to password protect.
- In the top left of the pop-up box, select Toggle Advanced Options, then Restrictions.
- Check the Password Protection box and type your password.
- Click Save Changes.
You can repeat the steps above on the other Tracking Links with different passwords.