The Date/Time Box makes it easy for your respondent to provide a date and/or time and ensures that all responses are captured in a standardised format. There are three possible formats: Date Only, the Time Only, or both Date and Time.
Sync it with your Diary - Why not consider using our API to link SmartSurvey to your Calendar so the appointment is automatically added as soon as someone submits their response?
Creating Date/Time Box Questions
To create your date/time question:
- Click Add Question on your survey.
- Type your question in the Question Text field.
- In the Question Type drop-down menu, select Date/Time Box.
- In the Answer Options field, in the Display drop-down, select Date Only, Time Only, or Date and Time.
- In the Answer Options field, in the Format drop-down, select the date format you wish to use.
- Then in the Answer Choices field you can enter each choice which will be accompanied by the Date/Time Box selector.
- Click the green Add Question button to add the question to your survey.
If you select a Display type of Time Only, the system will ignore the date format in the Format drop-down list.
Customising Date/Time Box Questions
When you build a Date/Time Box question, you can customise it with the following additional fields and options:
|Add Comment field
||Adds a free text field underneath the question.
|Require an Answer to this Question
||Forces the respondent to select an answer before they can progress to the next page.
|Question Size and Positioning
||Lets you control the size, positioning, appearance and numbering of your question. You can also set a default answer, and hide the question without deleting it.