Open Tracking monitors responses when you send out an invitation to complete a survey via a contact list.
Open Tracking only works if a recipient’s email programme allows images to open.
Enabling Open Tracking
In the article on using contact lists, there's a section on sending a survey to a contact list. Once you've completed the instructions in that list, follow these additional steps:
- Go to the Reply Email Address section.
- On the right hand side, check the Track Opens box.
When Open Tracking is enabled, a graphic is added to the email template which displays information about responses. This is invisible to the respondent but can be viewed by you. It updates as responses progress.
To see the results:
- Go to the Dashboard.
- Under Libraries, select Address Book.
- Click on the name of the contact list you want to use.
- Under Actions, select Invitations.
- In your message list, click the Survey Name of the invitation you wish to check.
- Scroll down and look at the List of Contacts list to see the tracking.
The Open Tracking graphic displays the following information:
||Tells you if a respondent has chosen to opt-out of replying.
||Tells you that the email has left our server. If there is a problem with sending, a red cross will appear here.
||Tells you the recipient has received the email and opened it.
||Tells you the recipient has opened the survey link.
||Shows a summary of the overall status of the response.
Note that email is not a reliable mechanism in general and therefore codes related to failed deliveries or whether they have opened the email are not always accurate. For example, some email readers block the request that tells our system that an email was opened.