This guide is intended to work in conjunction with surveys that use our Multi-Language Surveys Feature. If the survey has not had any translations added yet, this will not work.
If you're creating a survey to work in multiple languages, it can be useful to have specific tracking links that load the survey in a pre-defined language, instead of forcing the user to choose from a list.
This is possible by using the advanced settings on the tracking link. This will set the defined language to be the default language that is displayed on arrival from that link. If the Survey is still set to give the respondent a choice of language, they will still be offered that choice - this will not remove the option to change if it's set up on the survey.
Changing the Default Language for a Tracking Link
If you haven't already, you will need to create a new tracking link for this process. You cannot change the default loaded language for the "Default Tracking Link" that is automatically generated for every survey. This link will always load the language that's set as default at the Survey level.
- In the Collect tab of the Survey, choose the tracking link for which you want to change the default language
- From the left-hand grey menu bar on the box that will open up, click "Toggle Advanced Options".
- Choose "Theme & Styles" from the new options.
- Check the box for "Default Translation".
- A drop-down will appear, listing the languages that are set up for the survey. Choose the one you want to be loaded for this link.
- Click "Save Changes".