Filters provide a flexible range of options for analysing your survey data and allow you to analyse survey responses according to different criteria. You can filter by respondent groups, by questions and answers, by date completed and by other variables.
The first step is to create a filter report name and then select your filtering options, as outlined below. For example, the first question in your survey might be 'Are you a student or a lecturer?'. Question two would ask 'How satisfied are you with your purchase?'. The options are very satisfied all the way through to dissatisfied, but you only want to view student respondents that answered they are satisfied with their purchase. In this case you will need to apply two filters to your filter report (Q1 = Student and Q2 = Satisfied).
If you apply multiple filters to a filter report, make sure to give it a title which highlights this. If we used the example above, then you would call your report 'Satisfied Student respondents'
Creating a Filter Report
- Go to the Results page of your survey
- Click Filtering in the Survey Results menu
- Select Create Filter
- Give your report a Name and, if you wish, a description, then click Save
- Select Add New Filter
- Select from the Filter Type (choices on your screen will be dependent on what options are actually available in the survey you are using):
- Filter by Question and Answer - You can select questions, and filter results according to whether they match or do not match the answers specified
- Filter by Date Completed - Set the start date and end date
- Filter by Unique ID - You can filter by any unique ID that you have passed along the survey link
- Filter by Response IDs - Filter responses by their response IDs
- Filter by Tracking Links - Select the types of tracking link you want to filter results by
- Filter by Variables - Filter by custom variable data
- Filter by Text Analysis Categories - Break down your results based on Text Analysis categories.
- Filter by Contact List Data - Filter responses based on data within a contact list
- Filter by Contact Lists - Filter responses based on specific contact lists
- Filter by Invitation Messages - Filter responses based on specific invitations that have been sent via the Email Tool
- After defining each filter, click Save
- In the left-hand drop down menu, choose whether you want to apply ANY or ALL of the filter conditions to your report
- Click Apply to Summary to view your Filter Report
If you would like to apply a filter to an export report, follow the below video